Dr. Ng Eng Poh
- B. Sc. (1st Hons.) in Industrial Chemistry
- M. Sc. in Chemistry
- Ph. D. in Materials Chemistry
- Post-Doc. Fellow
- B. Sc. (1st Hons.) in Industrial Chemistry
- Zeolites and related microporous materials
- Mesoporous materials (MCM-41, SBA-15, chiral mesoporous material, etc.)
- Inorganic materials syntheses (amorphous silica, etc.)
- Advanced applications
- Green and environmental chemistry
My main research of interest focuses on synthesis, design and characterization of porous solid materials (zeolites, zeotypes, ordered mesoporous and amorphous compounds). Zeolites are class of crystalline solids that have uniform pores with the size of less than 2 nm that make them useful as molecular sieves. This sieving action is appreciated in mixtures separation into their component compounds, both in industrial applications and for environmental cleanup. Some zeolites possess catalytic reactivity and are widely used to catalyze numerous chemical reactions in the petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Moreover, we are interested in the synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and application of nanocrystalline zeolites, which are zeolites with discrete, uniform crystals with dimensions of less than 1000 nm. Nanocrystalline zeolites are promising catalytic materials that have higher external surface areas and reduced diffusion path lengths relative to conventional micrometer-sized zeolites. In addition, nanometer-sized zeolites can be assembled into optically transparent thin films for use as separation membranes, chemical sensors and photochemical hosts. These new nanocrystalline zeolites also have potential applications in environmental protection, decontamination, catalysis and drug delivery.
Another group of materials with great applications as sorbent and catalyst is mesoporous materials. The term "mesoporous materials" refers to solids with broad or narrow distribution of pores in the range between 2 and 50 nm, which form a disordered or ordered network. Our research involves more fundamental studies into the design, synthesis and characterization of porous frameworks. Our research is multi-disciplinary in nature utilising a broad range of characterization techniques including X-ray diffraction, NMR (solution and solid state), nitrogen adsorption-desorption isotherm analysis, SEM, TEM, GC, GC/MS, TG/DTA, TG/IR, IR, etc.
All of my research papers can be downloaded at http://works.bepress.com/engpoh_ng/
(Last update 1/4/2017)
1. Puteri Emme Marina, Gomaa A.M. Ali, Li Min See, Eng-Poh Ng, Kwok Feng Chong, “In situ growth of redox–active iron – centered particles on graphene sheets for specific capacitance enhancement”, Arab. J. Chem. DOI: 10.1016/j.arabjc.2016.02.006. Impact Factor 2015: 3.725.
2. Eng-Poh Ng , Ka-Lun Wong, Darren Tat-Lun Ng, Hussein Awala, Rino R. Mukti, Farook Adam and Svetlana Mintova, “ AlPO-5 Nanocrystals Templated by 1-Ethyl-2,3-dimethylimidazolium Hydroxide and Their Textural Properties ”, Mater. Chem. Phys. , 188 (2017) 49-57. Impact Factor 2015: 2.259.
3. Grandprix T.M. Kadja, Verry A. Fabiani, Mirwan H. Aziz, Adroit T. N. Fajar, Anton Prasetyo, Veinardi Suendo, Eng-Poh Ng, Rino R. Mukti, “The effect of structural properties of natural silica precursors in the mesoporogen-free synthesis of hierarchical ZSM-5 below 100 °C”, Adv. Powder Technol. 28 (2017) 443-452. Impact Factor 2015: 2.638.
4. Hossein Derakhshankhah,Mohammad Javad Hajipour, Ebrahim Barzegari, Alireza Lotfabadi, Maryam Ferdousi , Ali Akbar Saboury, Eng-Poh Ng, Mohammad Raoufi , Hussein Awala, Svetlana Mintova, Rassoul Dinarvand, Morteza Mahmoudi, “Zeolite Nanoparticles Inhibit Aβ-Fibrinogen Interaction and Formation of Consequent Abnormal Structural Clot”, ACS Appl. Mater. Inter., 8 (2016) 30768-30779. Impact Factor 2015: 7.145.
5. Jia Pei Ghoy, Eng-Poh Ng, “Fast Synthesis of Metal-Incorporated NKX-2 (MeNKX-2) Using Novel Ionic Liquid via Ionothermal Approach”, Malay. J. Chem., 18 (2016) 90-99.
6. Lingeswarran Muniandy, Farook Adam, Abdul Rahman Mohamed, Eng-Poh Ng, Nur Ruzaina Abdul Rahman, “Carbon modified anatase TiO2 for the rapid photo degradation of methylene blue: A comparative study”, Surf. Interf., 5 (2016) 19-29 .
7. Yin Hui Chow, Yee Jiun Yap, Pau Loke Show, Chin Ping Tan, Mohd. Shamsul Anuar, Arbakariya B. Ariff, Eng-Poh Ng, Ling Tau Chuan, “Characterization of partitioning behaviors of immunoglobulin G in polymer-salt aqueous two-phase systems”, J. Biosci. Bioeng., 122 (2016) 613-619 . Impact Factor 2015: 1.884.
8. Kian Fei Yee, Eng-Poh Ng, Abdul Rahman Mohamed, Farook Adam, Soon Huat Tan, “Functionalised multi-walled carbon nanotubes as heterogeneous Lewis acid catalysts in the etherification reaction of tert-butyl alcohol and ethanol”, Chem. Eng. Commun., 203 (2016) 1385-1394. Impact Factor 2015: 1.104.
9. Logeswary Gopal, Gin Keat Lim, Tau Chuan Ling, Rohana Adnan, Joon-Ching Juan, Eng-Poh Ng, “Organotemplate-free Hydrothermal Synthesis of NaNKX-2 Aluminophosphite Basic Catalyst”, Mater. Lett., 182 (2016) 344-346. Impact Factor 2015: 2.489.
10. Malcolm S.Y. Tang, Ng Eng-Poh, Juan Joon Ching, Ooi Chien Wei, Ling Tau-Chuan, Woon Kai, Show Pau Loke , “Metallic and Semiconducting Carbon Nanotubes Separation using Aqueous Two-Phase Separation Technique: A Review”, Nanotechnology, 27 (2016) 332002. Impact Factor 2015: 3.821.
11. Mita Rilyanti, Rino R. Mukti, Grandprix T. M. Kadja, Masaru Ogura, Hadi Nur, Eng-Poh Ng, Ismunandar, “On the drastic reduction of organic structure directing agent in the steam-assisted crystallization of zeolite with hierarchical porosity”, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 230 (2016) 30-38.Impact Factor 2015: 3.453 .
12. Ellie Yi Lih Teo, Lingeswarran Muniandy, Eng-Poh Ng, Farook Adam, Abdul Rahman Mohamed, Kwok Feng Chong, “High surface area activated carbon from rice husk as a high performance supercapacitor electrode ”, Electrochem. Acta, 192 (2016) 110-119. Impact Factor 2015: 4.504.
13. Eng-Poh Ng , Jia-Pei Ghoy, Hussein Awala, Aurélie Vicente, Rohana Adnan, Tau Chuan Ling, Svetlana Mintova, “Ionothermal Synthesis of FeAPO-5 in the Presence of Phosphorous Acid”, CrysEngComm, 18 (2016) 257-265. Impact Factor 2015: 4.034.
14. Kok-Hou Tan, Hussein Awala, Rino R. Mukti, Ka-Lun Wong, Tau Chuan Ling, Svetlana Mintova, Eng-Poh Ng, “ Zeolite Nanoparticles as Effective Antioxidant Additive for the Preservation of Palm Oil-Based Lubricant”, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. , 58 (2016) 565-571. Impact Factor 2015: 3.000.
15. M. Rahimi,* E.-P. Ng,* K. Bakhtiari,M. Vinciguerra, H. Ali Ahmad, H. Awala, S. Mintova, M. Daghighi, F. Bakhshandeh, M. de Vries, M.M. Motazacker, M.P. Peppelenbosch, M. Mahmoudi, F. Rezaee, “Zeolite Nanoparticles for Selective Sorption of Plasma Proteins”, Sci. Rep. 5 (2015) 17259. *These authors contributed equally to this work as first author. Impact Factor 2015: 5.578.
16. Yee Koon Yau, Chien Wei Ooi, Eng-Poh Ng, John Chi-Wei Lan, Tau Chuan Ling, Pau Loke Show, “ Current applications of different type of aqueous two-phase systems”, Biores. Bioprocess. 2 (2015) 49.
17. Yu Kiat Lin, Pau Loke Show, Yee Jiun Yap, Chin Ping Tan, Eng-Poh Ng, Arbakariya B. Ariff, Mohamad Suffian B. Mohamad Annuar, Tau Chuan Ling, “Direct recovery of cyclodextringlycosyltransferase from Bacillus cereus using aqueous two-phase flotation”, J. Biosci. Bioeng., 120 (2015) 684-689. Impact Factor 2015: 1.884.
18. K. Bakhtiari, J.C. Meijers, S. Laurent, S. Mintova, E.-P. Ng, H. Awala, S. Mirsadeghi, M. Mahmoudi, F. Rezaee, “Composition-dependent effects of nanoparticles on coagulation”,J. Thromb. Haemost. 13 (2015) 625. Impact Factor 2015: 5.720.
19. R. M. Zaid, F. C. Chong, E. Y. L. Teo, E. P. Ng, K. F. Chong, “Reduction of graphene oxide nanosheets by natural beta carotene and its potential use as supercapacitor electrode”, Arab. J. Chem., 8 (2015) 560-569 . Impact Factor 2015: 3.725.
20. Kok-Hou Tan, Hooi-Ying Cham, Hussein Awala, Tau Chuan Ling, Rino R. Mukti, Ka-Lun Wong, Svetlana Mintova, Eng-Poh Ng , “Effect of Extra-Framework Cations of LTL Nanozeolites to Inhibit Oil Oxidation ”, Nanoscale Res. Lett., 10 (2015) 253. Impact Factor 2015: 2.779.
21. Y. H. Chow, Y. J. Yap, C. P. Tan, M. S. Anuar, B. A. Tejo, P. L. Show, A. B. Ariff, E. -P. Ng, T. C. Ling, “Characterization of Bovine Serum Albumin Partitioning Behaviors in Polymer-Salt Aqueous Two-Phase Systems”, J. Biosci. Bioeng., 120 (2015) 85-90. Impact Factor 2015: 1.884
22. Siew Hoong Shuit, Eng Poh Ng, Soon Huat Tan, “ A facile and acid-free approach towards the preparation of sulphonated multi-walled carbon as a strong protonic acid catalyst for biodiesel production”,J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. , 52 (2015) 100-108. Impact Factor 2015: 3.000.
23. Kok-Hou Tan, Hussein Awala, Rino R. Mukti, Ka-Lun Wong, Baptiste Rigaud, Tau-Chuan Ling, Hristiyan A. Aleksandrov, Iskra Z. Koleva, Georgi N. Vayssilov, Svetlana Mintova, Eng-Poh Ng , “Inhibition of Palm Oil Oxidation by Zeolite Nanocrystals”, J. Agr. Food Chem. 63 (2015) 4655-4663. Impact Factor 2015: 2.912.
24. Eng-Poh Ng , Hussein Awala, Jia-Pei Ghoy, Aurelie Vincente, Tau Chuan Ling, Yun Hau Ng, Svetlana Mintova , Farook Adam, “ Effects of ultrasonic irradiation on crystallization and structural properties of EMT-type zeolite nanocrystals ”, Mater. Chem. Phys., 159 (2015) 38-45. Impact Factor 2015: 2.259.
25. Eng-Poh Ng , Gin Keat Lim, Guo-Lun Khoo, Kok-Hou Tan, Boon Seng Ooi, Farook Adam, Ka-Lun Wong, Synthesis of colloidal stable Linde Type J (LTJ) zeolite nanocrystals from rice husk silica and their catalytic performance in Knoevenagel reaction, Mater. Chem. Phys., 155 (2015) 30-35. Impact Factor 2015: 2.259.
26. Chung Hong Tan, Pau Loke Show, Chien Wei Ooi, Eng-Poh Ng, John Chi-Wei Lan, Tau Chuan Ling, “Novel Lipase Purification Methods - A Review of the latest developments”, Biotechnol. J., 10 (2015) 31-44.Impact Factor 2015: 3.349.
27. Nicolin Tirtaatmadja, Gysell Mortimer, Eng-Poh Ng , Hacan Ali Ahmad , Svetlana Mintova, Vahid Serpooshan, Rodney F. Minchin, Morteza Mahmoudi, “Inflammation Induced by Nanoparticles is Dependent on Human Plasma Concentration”, J. Iran. Chem. Soc., 12 (2015) 317-323. Impact Factor 2015: 1.087.
28. Eng-Poh Ng , Hussein Awala, Kok-Hou Tan, Farook Adam, Richard Retoux, Svetlana Mintova, “EMT-type Zeolite Nanocrystals Synthesized From Rice Husk”, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 204 (2015) 204-209. Impact Factor 2015: 3.453 .
29. Eng-Poh Ng , Nurhaswani Bahaman, Rino R. Mukti, Tau-Chuan Ling , “ Detailed kinetic observation revealing the formation mechanism of chiral mesoporous silica (CMS) synthesized by cooperative self-assembly of anionic chiral surfactant”, Mater. Res. Bull., 62 (2015) 192-199. Impact Factor 2015: 2.288
30. Hui Suan Ng, Chien Wei Ooi, Pau Loke Show, Chin Ping Tan, Arbakariya Ariff, Mohd Noriznan Moktar, Eng-Poh Ng, Tau Chuan Ling, “Recovery of Bacillus cereus cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase using ionic liquid-based aqueous two-phase system”, Sep. Pur. Technol. 138 (2014) 28-33. Impact Factor 2015: 3.091
31. Lingeswarran Muniandy, Farook Adam, Abdul Rahman Mohamed, Eng-Poh Ng, “ The synthesis and characterization of high purity mixed microporous/mesoporous activated carbon from rice husk using chemical activation with NaOH and KOH”, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater. , 197 (2014) 316-323. Impact Factor 2015: 3.453.
32. Eng-Poh Ng , Darren Tat-Lun Ng, Hussein Awala, Ka-Lun Wong, Svetlana Mintova, “Microwave Synthesis of Colloidal Stable AlPO-5 Nanocrystals with High Hydrophilicity and Unique Morphology ” , Mater. Lett., 132 (2014) 126-129. Impact Factor 2015: 2.489.
33. Farook Adam, Jimmy Nelson Appaturi, Eng-Poh Ng, “Halide aided synergistic ring opening mechanism of epoxides and their cycloaddition to CO2 using MCM-41-imidazolium bromide catalyst” J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 386 (2014) 42-48. Impact Factor 2015: 3.615
34. Jimmy Nelson Appaturi, Eng-Poh Ng, Farook Adam, “Solid imidazolium halide catalysts for the solvent free synthesis of glycerol carbonate”, J. CO2 Util., 6 (2014) 69-74. Impact Factor 2015: 3.091
35. Eng-Poh Ng , Soon-Pin Law, Rino R.Mukti, Farook Adam, “Metal Chlorides Supported on Chiral Mesoporous Silica as Highly Active Lewis Acid Catalyst for the Selective Hydroamination of Cyclohexene”, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 45 (2014) 1435-1442. Impact Factor 2015: 3.000
36. Damien Y. Khoo, R.R. Mukti, S. Mintova, E.-P. Ng , “Synthesis of AlPO-5 with diol-substituted imidazolium-based organic template ”, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 194 (2014) 200-207. Impact Factor 2015: 3.453
37. Eng-Poh Ng , Soon-Pin Law, Rino R. Mukti, Joon-Ching Juan, Farook Adam, “ Hydroamination of Cyclohexene Enhanced by ZnCl2 Nanoparticles Supported on Chiral Mesoporous Silica”, Chem. Eng. J., 243 (2014) 99-107. Impact Factor 2015: 4.321
38. Damien Yiyuan Khoo, Wai-Ming Kok, Rino R. Mukti, Svetlana Mintova, Eng-Poh Ng , “Ionothermal approach for synthesizing AlPO-5 hexagonal thin plate influenced by various parameters at ambient pressure”, Solid State Sci., 25 (2013) 63-69 . Impact Factor 2015: 1.839
39. Chow Y. H., Yap Y. J., Ling T. C., Mohamad S. A., Bimo A. T., Arbakariya A., Show P. L., Ng, E.-P., Ling T. C., Interfacial Partitioning Behaviour of Bovine Serum Albumin in Polymer-Salt Aqueous Two-Phase System, J. Chromatogr. B, 934 (2013) 71-78. Impact Factor 2015: 2.729
40. Hui Suan Ng, Chien Wei Ooi, Mohd Noriznan Mokhtar, Pau Loke Show, Arbakariya Ariff, Joo Shun Tan, Eng Poh Ng, Tau Chuan Ling, “ Extractive bioconversion of cyclodextrins by Bacillus cereus cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase in aqueous two-phase system ”, Bioresource Technol., 142 (2013) 723-726 . Impact Factor 2015: 4.494
41. S. Laurent,* E.-P. Ng,* C. Thirifays, L. Lakiss, G.-M. Goupil, S. Mintova, C. Burtea, E. Oveisi, C. Hébert, M. de Vries, M. Motazacker, F. Rezaee, M. Mahmoudi, “Corona protein composition and cytotoxicity evaluation of ultra-small zeolites synthesized from template free precursor suspensions”, Toxicol. Res., 2 (2013) 270-279. *These authors contributed equally to this work as first author. Impact Factor 2015: 3.983
42. Farook Adam, Chien-Wen Kueh, Eng-Poh Ng, “ The immobilization of iron(III) aminopyridine complex on MCM-41: its preparation and characterization”, J. Porous Mater., 20(2013) 1337-1343 . Impact Factor 2015: 1.108
43. Farook Adam, Jia-Tian Wong, Eng-Poh Ng, Fast catalytic oxidation of phenol over modified zeolite L nanocrystals, Chem. Eng. J., 214 (2013) 63-67. Impact Factor 2015: 4.321
44. Eng-Poh Ng , Siti Bayu Mohd Subari, Olivier Marie, Rino R. Mukti, Joon-Ching Juan, “Sulfonic acid functionalized MCM-41 as solid acid catalyst for tert-butylation of hydroquinone enhanced by microwave heating”, Appl. Catal. A: Gen. , 450 (2013) 34-41. Impact Factor 2015: 3.942
45. Eng -Poh Ng , Jia-Yi Goh, Tau Chuan Ling, Rino R. Mukti, “Eco-friendly synthesis for MCM-41 nanoporous materials using the non-reacted reagents in mother liquor”, Nanoscale Res. Lett. 8 (2012) 120. Impact Factor 2015: 2.779
46. Ng, E.-P. , Goupil, J.-M., Vicente, A., Fernandez, C., Retoux, R., Valtchev, V., Mintova, S., “ Nucleation and crystal growth features of EMT type zeolite synthesized from an organic-template-free system”, Chem. Mater., 24 (2012) 4758-4765. Impact Factor 2015: 8.354
47. Tien Ping Lee, Eng Poh Ng, Bahruddin Saad, Baharuddin Salleh, “ Zeolite Linde Type L as micro-solid phase extraction sorbent for the high performance liquid chromatography determination of ochratoxin A in coffee and cereal” , J. Chromatogr. A, 1237 (2012) 46-54. Impact Factor 2015: 4.169
48. Ng Eng Poh , Preparing nanoporous materials using eco-friendly synthesis approaches, Bulletin the School of Chemical Sciences, 10 (2012) 12-13.
49. J. -T. Wong, E. -P. Ng, F. Adam, "Microscopic investigation of nanocrystalline zeolite L synthesized from rice husk ash", J. Am. Cer. Soc., 95 (2012) 805-808. Impact Factor 2015: 2.610
50. Eng-Poh Ng , Daniel Chateigner, Thomas Bein, Valentin Valtchev, Svetlana Mintova , “ Capturing Ultrasmall EMT Zeolite from Template-Free Systems”, Science, 335 (2012) 70-73. Impact Factor 2015: 33.611
51. Damien Khoo Yiyuan, Ng Eng-Poh, 2012, Design, synthesis and characterization: AlPO molecular sieve template by a novel imidazolium-based structure directing agent, 7th International Symposium in Science and Technology: Bridging Research for Advancement of Knowledge and Technology, 73-77.
52. G. Majano, E.-P. Ng, L. Lakiss, S. Mintova, “ Nanosized molecular sieves utilized as an environmentally friendly alternative to antioxidants for lubricant oils”, Green Chem., 13 (2011) 2435-2440. Impact Factor 2015: 8.020
53. G. Majano, E.P. Ng, I. Partono, H.H. Jensen, S. Mintova, “Controlling Lubricant Degradation with Nanoporous Materials”, Machinery Lubrication, (Nov. 2011)
54. Ng Eng Poh , Microwave enhanced synthesis of zeolite nanocrystals for thin film deposition, Bulletin the School of Chemical Sciences, 9 (2011) 10-11.
55. Eng-Poh Ng, Svetlana Mintova, “Quantitative moisture measurements in lubricating oils by FT-IR spectroscopy combined with solvent extraction approach”, Microchem. J., 98 (2011) 177-185. Impact Factor 2015: 2.746
56. Eng-Poh Ng , Lama Itani, Satpal Singh Sekhon, Svetlana Mintova, “MnAlPO-5 nanocrystals - Investigation of crystal growth process in ionic liquid media”, Chem. Eur. J., 16(43) (2010) 12890-12897. Impact Factor 2015: 5.731
57. E. Leite, Tz. Babeva, E.-P. Ng, V. Toal, S. Mintova, I. Naydenova, “Optical Properties of Photopolymer Layers Doped with Aluminophosphate Nanocrystals”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 114 (2010) 16767-16775. Impact Factor 2015: 4.772
58. Eng-Poh Ng , Luc Delmotte, Svetlana Mintova, “Selective Capture of Water Using Microporous Adsorbents To Increase the Lifetime of Lubricants”, ChemSusChem, 2(3) (2009) 255-260. Impact Factor 2015: 7.657
59. Eng-Poh Ng , Satpal Singh Sekhon, Svetlana Mintova, “Discrete MnAlPO-5 nanocrystals synthesized by an ionothermal approach”, Chem. Commun., (2009) 1661-1663.Impact Factor 2015: 6.834
60. G. Majano, E.-P. Ng, S. Mintova, “ Inhibition of lubricant degradation by nanoporous materials”, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 174(1) 2008, 569-572.ISI Scopus.
61. Eng-Poh Ng , Svetlana Mintova, “Nanoporous Materials with Enhanced Hydrophilicity and High Water Capacity”, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater. 114(1-3) (2008) 1-26. Impact Factor 2015: 3.453
62. Eng-Poh Ng , Luc Delmotte, Svetlana Mintova, “Environmentally benign synthesis of nanosized aluminophosphate enhanced by microwave heating”, Green Chem., 10 (2008) 1043-1048 . Impact Factor 2015: 8.020
63. Tosheva, L., Ng, E.-P., Mintova, S., Hölzl, M.; Metzger, T. H.; Doyle, A. M., “AlPO-18 Seed Layers and Films by Secondary Growth”, Chem. Mater. 20(17) (2008) 5721-5726.Impact Factor 2015: 8.354
64. Eng-Poh Ng , Hadi Nur, Ka-Lun Wong, Mohd Nazlan Mohd Muhid, Halimaton Hamdan, “Generation of Brönsted Acidity in AlMCM-41 by Sulphation for Enhanced Liquid Phase tert-Butylation of Phenol”, Appl. Catal. A: Gen. 323 (2007) 58-65. Impact Factor 2015: 3.942
65. Ng Eng Poh , Hadi Nur, Mohd Nazlan Mohd Muhid, Halimaton Hamdan, “Sulphated AlMCM-41: Mesoporous Solid Brönsted Acid Catalyst for Dibenzoylation of Biphenyl”, Catal. Today 114 (2006) 257-262. Impact Factor 2015: 3.893
- Svetlana Mintova, Eng-Poh Ng, “Zeolite
nanoparticles" in the Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry II, Volume 5, (2013), Elsevier. Eds. Jan Reedijk, 285-302.
- Eng-Poh Ng, Xiaoqin Zou,
Svetlana Mintova, “Chapter 12 - Environmental Synthesis Concerns of Zeolites” in “New and Future Developments in Catalysis”, Elsevier (2013). Ed. Steven Suib, 289-310.
- Gerardo Majano, Eng-Poh Ng, Louwanda
Lakiss, Svetlana Mintova, “What more in Nanosized Molecular Sieves”, Proceedings of XIV Zeolite Forum, Poland, Kocierz, ISBN: 978-83-60514-05-4, 17-34.
- Eng-Poh Ng, Svetlana Mintova, “Nanoporous
Materials with Enhanced Hydrophilicity and High Water Capacity”, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater. 114(1-3) (2008) 1-26. Impact Factor 2014: 3.453
- Eng-Poh Ng, Svetlana Mintova, “Nanoporous
Materials as High Selective Water Sorbents in Lubricants”, Topics in Chemistry and Material Science: Advanced Micro- and Mesoporous Materials (Volume 1), 2008, Bulgaria, Heron Press Science Series, ISBN: 978-954-580-239-3, 322-329.
All of my research papers can be downloaded at http://works.bepress.com/engpoh_ng/
(Last update 30/11/2015)
- Svetlana Mintova, Eng-Poh Ng, “Zeolite nanoparticles" in the Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry II, Volume 5, (2013), Elsevier. Eds. Jan Reedijk, 285-302.
Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
The University of New South Wales, Australia
Universite de Caen, France
Universite de Haute Alsace, France
Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia
University of Groningen, Netherlands
University of Malaya, Malaysia
Akashichem Sdn. Bhd.
RECENT NEWS (1): Open positions for MSc and PhD students!!
We are looking for many MSc/PhD students to perform research and obtain his/her MSc/PhD degrees. Potential Industrial MSc/PhD students are welcomed too. Interested candidates are invited to contact Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eng-Poh NG. Monthly allowance is provided for those who are successful.
RECENT NEWS (2): Looking for potential industrial network!!
We are also looking for potential industrial network and collaboration. Please feel free to contact Dr. Ng for seeking advices on industrial problems or chemical analyses.
- Editorial Board Member
- Editorial board member of Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering Technology (2014 - present)
- Editorial board member of the American Journal of Physical Chemistry (2012 - 2014)
- Editor of the American Journal of Nanomaterials (2013-2015)
- Co-editor of the Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences (2013 - present)
- Co-editor of the International Journal of Chemical and Petroleum Sciences (2013-2015)
- Advisory Board Members of the Research Publish Journal (2013 - present)
- Reviewer of Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group)
- Reviewer of Microporous and Mesoporous Materials (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of Journal of the American Ceramic Society (Wiley)
- Reviewer of Electrophoresis (Wiley)
- Reviewer of ChemCatChem (Wiley)
- Reviewer of Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of Materials Chemistry and Physics (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of Applied Catalysis A: General (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of Journal of Molecular Catalysis: Chemical (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of ChemistryOpen (Wiley)
- Reviewer of ChemistrySelect (Wiley)
- Reviewer of Fuel (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (American Chemical Society)
- Reviewer of International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering (De Gruyter)
- Reviewer of Analytical Methods (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Reviewer of RSC Advances (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Reviewer of Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering Technology
- Reviewer of Materials Letters (Elsevier)
- Reviewer of International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering
- Reviewer of Chemistry Letters
- Reviewer of Journal of Physical Science
- Reviewer of Advanced Porous Materials
- Reviewer of the American Journal of Physical Chemistry
- Reviewer of Scientific Journals International
- Reviewer of ITB Journal, Indonesia
- Reviewer of
Journal of Fundemental Sciences, Malaysia
- Reviewer of Jurnal Teknologi, Malaysia
- International Scientific Committee of 2015 International Conference on Testing and Measurement: Techniques and Applications (TMTA 2015), 16-17 Jan 2015
- Scientific Committee of 5th International Conference for Young Chemists (ICYC), 2015, USM, Malaysia.
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE2014), Hong Kong, 26-27 Apr 2014
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Remote Sensing and Smart City (RSSC2014), 27-28 July 2014, Shenzhen, China
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Education and Management Science, 19-20 Aug 2014, Beijing, China
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Automation, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, 19-20 Aug 2014, Beijing, China
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Advanced Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering, 16-17 November 2014, Shenzhen, China
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Advanced Information Technology and Application, 25-26 Dec 2014, Hong Kong
- International Scientific Committee of 2014 International Conference on Advanced Management Science and Information Engineering (AMSIE2014), 25-26 Dec 2014, Hong Kong
- Scientific Committee of 4th International Conference for Young Chemists (ICYC), 2013, USM, Malaysia.
- International Advisory Board, Indonesian Zeolite Seminar, 4-5 Jun 2013, Bali, Indonesia
- Scientific Committee of 3rd International Conference for Young Chemists (ICYC), 2011, USM, Malaysia.
Previous and current teaching courses:
KFT 233 Physical Chemistry I
KFT 332 Physical Chemistry II
KUE 306 Research Methodology
KIT 252 Unit Operation
KUT 204 -Chemistry Practical IV - Physical
KUT 308 Chemistry Practical VIII (Physical and Organic)
KFE 331 Special Topics in Physical Chemistry
KUE 309 Chemistry Project during their final year of studies
KAA 507 Surface and Thermal Analysis
KAA 509 Dissertation
Awards and Recognation
1 Visiting Young Scientist, 67th Lindau Meeting of Nobel Laureates, Lindau, Germany, 25-30th June 2017. 2 Gold Medal, The 7th Korea Cyber International Genius Inventor Fair 2016, Seoul, South Korea, 2016. 3 Special Award, The 7th Korea Cyber International Genius Inventor Fair 2016, Seoul, South Korea, 2016. 4 Outstanding Scientist Award, The Venus International Research Awards (VIRA), 2016. 5 Visiting Scholar, Nanotechnology and Catalysis Research Centre (NANOCAT), University of Malaya, 2015. 6 Sanggar Sanjung Award 2014 (Journal Publication Category), USM. 7 Associate Researcher for Novel Materials Research Group, Nanotechnology Research Alliance, UTM, 2014. 8 Sanggar Sanjung Award 2013 (Journal Publication Category), USM. 9 Leading Scientist of the World by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England, 2012. 10 Sanggar Sanjung Award 2012 (Journal Publication Category), USM. 11 Receiver of National Academic Award 2012 (Journal Publications Award), Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia. 12 Runners-up for 2011’s Breakthrough of the Year by Science journal, http://www.sciencemag.org/site/special/btoy2011/: Industrial Molecules, Tailor-Made 13 Gold prize for the best poster Presentation in Asian Nanotech Camp Conference, Seoul, 26th Aug. 2011. 14 Sanggar Sanjung Award 2010 (Journal Publication Category), USM. 15 Recipient of Caen Basse-Normandie Post-doctoral Fellowship, 2010. 16 1st prize for the best poster Presentation in Group de Francais de Zeolithes (GFZ) Conference, France, 2-4th Apr. 2009. 17 Recipient of the PhD scholarship of the European's 6th Framework Programme, 2006-2009. 18 Finalist for the application of PhD. program in Max Planck Institute for Advanced Materials, Stuttgart, Germany, Apr. 2006. 19 Bsc. (First-class honors) degree in Industrial Chemistry, Technology University of Malaysia. 20 Full Scholarship by the National Higher Education Fund Corporation, Ministry of Higher Education (2000-2004). 21 Recipient of the Dean Award (2000-2004).
- Editorial Board Member