We offer two four-year degree programmes that reflect training across all areas of Chemistry and the current needs for chemistry in industries and society.The Chemistry degree programmes have full accreditation from the Royal Society of Chemistry,UK.
You can choose optional courses from other science and arts programmes as a minor programme.You shall spend time in our laboratories that are equipped with basic and advanced instrumentation facilities.
You shall also have the opportunity to embark on an extended lab or industrial or overseas placement that will equip you with valuable skills that are desirable to any workplace such as problem solving, presentation, communication, research, management and leadership.
This will empower you to either specialise in a science-related career or branch out to different career horizons,should you choose to.
If you're inclined towards furthering your study,our Chemistry degrees open up opportunities for a high-level research career.
You will be dynamically nurtured, respected and referred as chemists who are socially responsible in supporting national and global aspirations in science, technology and innovations for a sustainable tomorrow.
You will be dynamically nurtured, respected and referred as analytical chemists who are socially responsible in supporting national and global aspirations in science, technology and innovations for a sustainable tomorrow.
You will be nurtured,be referred and respected as industrial chemists who can contribute to the current industrial needs and development of the country in supporting the social,an economic and an environmental well-being of the nation.
How To Apply
ONLINE APPLICATION & GUIDELINES
All application must be submitted via online at International@USM. You will need to register to create an account or to log in if you have previously applied online. The system will automatically generate a reference number which will be send to the registered email.
Things to be prepared for online application:
- Official certificates, transcripts, mark sheets or school report from each secondary or college attended
- Translated copy of certificates (if issued other than English or Malay Language)
- IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/CAE/CPE/PTE/Authorization Letter from an institution in which the medium instruction is English
- Copy of passport (Details page only in A4 size)
- Student Pass (if study in Malaysia)
- Letter of scholarship (if any)
- Receipt of processing fee payment
A processing fee of RM100 is applicable for every application submitted. Payment can be made using the following mode:
- Cash at the USM Bursary Counter
- USM Online payment via : EPayment@USM
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- Completed 12 years of Primary and High School Education and
- Obtained High School Certificate (eg. A-Level, HSC, SMU, & UAN (Indonesia), Matayom Suksa 6 (Thailand), International Baccalaureate etc.) or
- Diploma in the related field
- IELTS Band 5.0 or
- TOEFL score of 417 (PBT) / 107 (CBT) / 35 (IBT) or
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) score of 154/B1 or
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) score of 154/B1 or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic Score of 36 or
- Malaysian University English Test Band 2 or
- Candidate from an institution in which the medium instruction is English and
Passed with Credit in Intensive Preparatory Bahasa Malaysia Programme (for candidates pursuing programmes conducted in the National Language) http://www.ppblt.usm.my/index.php/program/language-courses/malay-language
You are recommended to enroll in USM Intensive English Programme as preparation course before IELTS examination. For more information, kindly visit : http://www.ppblt.usm.my/index.php/program/intensive-english
- and/or Passed the USM Interview
Updated on : 19 February 2019